The Perfect Nutrient-Dense Snack
Everyone loves a good grab-and-go snack, and bliss balls are just that! In addition to them being easy to make, these Coconut Matcha Tahini Bliss Balls pack so many nutrients and taste amazing. If you are a matcha fan, this one is for you.
We took a favorite ingredient from our Vegan Lemongrass Cherry Matcha LivBar and turned it into a simple, convenient snack that can be kept in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. For those who are unfamiliar with matcha, it is green tea in powdered form and the word matcha actually means "powdered tea". Since matcha is green tea leaves powdered, you are getting a lot more health benefits from than you would making a cup of seeped green tea because you are consuming the whole leaf.
Matcha has a high level of antioxidants that can help with chronic health issues, brain function, heart health, and can help prevent against cancer. You can read more health benefits about matcha here. All in all, if you are a green tea fan, we would encourage you to incorporate matcha into your lifestyle because it's accompanied by so many health benefits and nutrients that so many tend to lack on the standard American diet.
Due to the natural green nature of this recipe, it is a perfect healthy snack to have on hand at your St. Patrick's Day party! Go green!
Coconut Matcha Tahini Bliss Balls
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 c packed pitted dates
- 1/4 c cassava flour
- 1/4 c tahini
- 1.5 tbs matcha powder
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process on high for one minute. Scrape sides and repeat until the consistency reaches a dough-like texture.
- Roll about 2-3 tbs into golf-ball size balls with hands. Will make 12-15 depending on how big you roll them.
- Optional: roll in matcha powder, coconut, or even drizzle with chocolate!