Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Tahini Blondies
These fudgy tahini blondies take into account the chewy bite of a brownie alongside crumbled Coffee Maple Cacao LivBar: we put it right in the batter. In honor of National Blondie Brownie day on January 22, why not go all out?! These tahini blondies are easy to prepare, quick to bake at 20 mins or less, and special enough to celebrate the sweet day.
Admittedly, we’re quick to grab any opportunity to enjoy such yummy treats. They’re baked to a soft, fudgy, and chocolatey perfection and are rich with hints of maple and cacao. This gluten-free tahini blondie recipe combines the basics of a solid brownie or blondie with the added moisture and creamy texture of tahini.
Tahini, or sesame seed paste, is generally incorporated into savory foods but palatable enough to add creaminess and depth of flavor to many sweet treats as well. The ingredient hails from Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine and is full of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Read up on more nutrients and health benefits of tahini here.
Gluten free staples like almond and cassava flour round out the batter before chunks of Coffee Maple Cacao LivBar and vegan chocolate chips are folded in. Those chunks of LivBar strike a similar chord as our Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Brownies: Another close contender for National Blondie Brownie Day!
Gluten Free Tahini Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 3/4 cup creamy tahini
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 Coffee Maple Cacao LivBar, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini and coconut sugar until combined. Add the eggs and whisk until incorporated. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, cassava flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crumbled LivBar until incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Note, the batter will be thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool for 20-30 minutes before serving.