Gluten Free Coffee Maple Cacao LivBar Apple Crisp
If you have gluten free members of your household, you can use LivBars to substitute the crust in your favorite delicious treats - like one of our favorites, Apple Crisp! Using a LivBar also adds a depth of flavor to your recipe that you don't get with a traditional crust.
• 6 apples, peeled and chopped
• 2 TBSP granulated sugar
• 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 cup coconut sugar
• 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
• pinch of kosher salt
• 3 Coffee Maple Cacao LivBars, crumbled
• Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
• In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients: Livbars, coconut sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter. Hint: Use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
• Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
• Serve warm and enjoy!