Is there anything better than waking up with a hot cup of coffee and a big slice of gluten-free toast smothered in fresh, homemade jam? Okay, maybe there are some things better than that - such as a cup of coffee with our Vegan 'Peanut Butter & Jelly' Overnight Oats, but we would say toast and jam is a close second.
Unfortunately. most of the jams and jellies that are on the market are packed with a ton of refined sugars and unnecessary preservatives. That's why we decided to create a healthy alternative for all of you jam and jelly lovers out there like us!
We were inspired by our Raspberry Kale Maca LivBar and used the beloved raspberry as the star of this recipe. We love raspberries because they are packed with numerous health benefits and are great to consume on a daily basis. Raspberries are low glycemic, packed with fiber, and carry the plant chemical known as flavonoids that act as antioxidants and help fight off free radicals which can cause numerous health problems if not addressed. You can read more health benefits of raspberries here.
In addition to using raspberries, we used chia seed as the binder for this jam, which also adds to the health benefits with increased fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and α-linolenic acid which is an Omega-3 fatty acid. This recipe is packed with a ton of nutrients, is easy to make, and tastes even better!
Quick & Easy Raspberry Superfood Jam
- 2 c fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (honey or agave would work too)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- If using frozen raspberries, allow them to thaw fully before beginning.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash berries until they are broken down. If you prefer a chunkier jam, don't break up the raspberries as much.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for at least 2 hours up to overnight so the jam has time to set before using.
- Stir before serving.