Heaven in Tart Form
Have you ever taken a bite of something so decadent that time stops and all you can focus on is how good the food is? Let us tell ya, this Vegan Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart will do just that. This recipe was created with one of our favorite vegan chocolate brands, Hu Kitchen. When we say this might be our best one yet, we aren't playing around.
This dark chocolate tart was inspired by Hu Kitchen's bakeoff contest on Instagram, and features their 70% Dark Chocolate Bar paired with one of LivBar's favorite ingredients - raspberries - which we use in our Raspberry Kale Maca LivBar. We're not sure if there is a better pairing than dark chocolate and raspberries, especially when it's on top of a gluten-free graham cracker crust. We're honestly drooling while writing this.
The best part about this recipe is that it looks so fancy but is incredibly easy to make, using minimal ingredients. It's the perfect dessert to whip together for last minute dinner guests - or for yourself, that's okay too. If you don't have any raspberries on hand, you can also use raspberry preserves or jam. We're excited to try using our Quick & Easy Raspberry Superfood Jam for the filling next time!
Vegan Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- 1 package gluten-free graham crackers (should be 9 graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup melted & cooled coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries (plus more for topping)
- 12.5 oz Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate
- 1 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while you prep.
- To make the crust, put your gluten-free graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, salt, and pulse until well-combined.
- Lightly grease a 9 to 11 inch tart pan and press the crust mixture into the pan evenly. You can do this with a measuring cup because you want it packed into the pan tightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the filling, place your dark chocolate into a small mixing bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, heat up the coconut milk until it's just about to boil. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, mix until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a thick ganache. Stir in vanilla and let sit for about 15 minutes to thicken.
- To assemble the tart, spread your fresh raspberries evenly in the cooled crust and pour your ganache mixture over the top until raspberries are fully covered.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set for at least 2 hours. Once the filling has set, you're good to go! Top with more fresh raspberries and dairy-free cool whip if desired! Store in the fridge or freezer.