Recreating Childhood Classics
Who doesn't love a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich? The majority of us most likely grew up on a gluten-filled, sugar-filled, preservative-filled form of this childhood delicacy. Let's be real though, it is also an adult delicacy.
The combo of creamy nut or seed butter mixed with jam will always be a delight, but maybe not on a regular basis. Why not make it a regular menu item but in a healthier way? That's why we created this one-of-a-kind recipe - to fulfill the nostalgia craving the right way.
We love this recipe because it is incredibly versatile. You can use any nut or seed butter of choice if you're nut-free, you can use any dairy-free milk you have on hand, and you can even substitute the berries used in the Superfood Jam. It's completely customizable which makes it fun!
This one was inspired by our Quick & Easy Raspberry Superfood Jam, and is a quick way to prep breakfast or snack for the week. These overnight oats are nutrient dense and will keep you satisfied for quite some time. Plus it tastes incredible and will make you feel like you're indulging, but you're not. Looks like a win-win for all.
Vegan 'Peanut Butter & Jelly' Overnight Oats
- 2 c gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 c dairy-free milk (we used almond)
- 1/2 c dairy-free yogurt (we used Chobani coconut milk-based vanilla)*
- 2-3 heaping tbsp natural peanut butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- One batch of our Quick & Easy Raspberry Superfood Jam
- In a bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, se salt and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup and stir until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry mixture and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 4 hours up to overnight. To serve, layer the oats and jam to your liking. Can top with extra peanut butter, raspberries, or even our Raspberry Kale Maca LivBar crumbled.*
- If you don't have yogurt on hand, just substitute with 1/4-1/2 cup of the milk you're using.
- This recipe is vegan, but our Raspberry Kale Maca LivBar is vegetarian, not vegan. Keep that in mind if you use it for a topping.